OBLIVEUS BLOGSPOT

Here you will find everything to do with me, DJ Obliveus. I make edits, mix beats, book venues, do graphic design, dig for 45's and live and breathe music in Melbourne, Australia. Hit me up if yer in need of something as I love working with new folks on many things...

Sunday, August 10, 2014

My July column...

The Get Down by Obliveus
July 2014
 
It’s all disco this month, so let’s get to it. Long time late night, big beat maestros All Good Funk Alliance have been dominating my sets again, especially with a forgotten nugget of boogie warmth that I found again recently. Their re-edit of the JM Jackmaster find of a century, the One Way classic Pop What You Got, is by far the funkiest slice of global funk fatness you will hear this year. Backroom disco action never sounded so good and speaking of JM Jackmaster, or simply Jam Master as he is now known, this Dutch native is killing it at the moment. A lot of his more recent efforts are on the extremely funky, disco house side of things that go well in just about any peak time set; a case in point being his latest re-working of 6th Borough Project’s absolute dance floor monster, McLovin’. But it’s his dark room Bronx boogie vibes that I love the most, so I gotta hype my two favourites from his stable: American Gypsy’s 1981 roller skating jam, Boogie, and one of everyone’s all-time disco favourites, simply because it’s the sample Naughty By Nature pilfered for a track almost of the same name, A Lover’s Holiday by the long-forgotten Chic wannabe act, Change. Both will have you up and about on any dance floor or bar top in no time, so I suggest you hit em up while they’re out there to hit up. With that, I am out of here. Peeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment