OBLIVEUS BLOGSPOT

Here you will find everything to do with me, DJ Obliveus. I make edits, mix beats, book venues, do graphic design, dig for 45's and live and breathe music in Melbourne, Australia. Hit me up if yer in need of something as I love working with new folks on many things...

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A special 45’s mix...



So I was super stoked when the folks at Music For Modern Living asked me to make a mix for their blog/Mixcloud page as I listen to their shows a lot and respect what they do. Variety is the spice of life and they’re defintely eclectic.

So I took this eclecticism to heart and made a mix like I’d play (and do play) in clubs. Gigs where I have to open proceedings by providing the chilled back drop where everyone is sitting around drinking and chatting. Of course, it always picks up so I do that, too...just like I did with this mix.

Rather than resort to simple cheese to keep the party going, I felt this one needed to stay a lot more “cool” so I keep it strictly on the funk, boogie, hiphop n bboy Breaks tip.

Hope ya dig it...

No comments:

Post a Comment